Anthem of the Sun
July 18, 1968
- That's It For The Other One
- New Potato Caboose
- Born Cross-Eyed
- Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)
- Tom Constanten (prepared piano, piano, electronic tape)
- Jerry Garcia (lead guitar, acoustic guitar, kazoo, vibraslap, vocals)
- Mickey Hart (drums, percussion)
- Bill Kreutzmann (drums, percussion)
- Phil Lesh (bass, trumpet, harpsichord, guiro kazoo, piano, timpani, vocals)
- Ron "Pigpen" McKernan (organ, celesta claves, vocals)
- Bob Weir (rhythm guitar, 12 string guitar, acoustic guitar, kazoo, vocal)
(0) Additional Personnel
After recording their first album quickly, the second took many months to put together, firstly with largely unsuccessful studio sessions then with lengthy assemblage of material from live shows.
Producer Hassinger bailed out part way through the process supposedly after Weir requested “the sound of thick air” during Born Cross-Eyed.
It’s thought that the majority of the live music used on this album is from the February 14, 1968 show at the Carousel, though this is much overdubbed with parts from other shows.
The named parts of “That’s It For The Other One” were made up, mainly by Tom Constanten, for publishing purposes.